You may believe that once you’ve found out what people are looking for, created great content and presented it once, that you’re done. The problem is you’re leaving a huge presence and a lot of potential profit behind.
Not everyone is going to connect with your content in the way you’ve presented it, and those that don’t will not consume it or perhaps even purchase it.
People learn and take in information in different ways, and the more of those you reach, the more of a market reach you’ll have.
Basically, people operate in a variety of learning modalities. Let’s take a look at the types of learning modalities:
- Visual Learners – Visual learners actually learn and better retain information by seeing and reading. This accounts for about 55 to 75 percent of people according to scientific studies. This is obviously a large portion of the people and therefore visual presentation is one of the most effective modes to communicate information.
- Auditory Learners – As suggested by the name, auditory learners tend to learn most competently by hearing or speaking. This includes about 20 to 30 percent of people.
- Kinesthetic Learners – Kinesthetic learners absorb information best through doing and touching. This would include tasks such as filling in the blanks, key strokes, and mouse clicks. Approximately 5 to 15 percent of people fall into this category according to scientific studies.
- Smell and Taste – These two categories are self-explanatory. We won’t spend much time on them here as they have very little application to the types of contexts that we are dealing with.
- Digital Auditory – Digital auditory is an internal learning modality that we will refer to as self talk. These thoughts in your mind ultimately are what guide your decisions. Everyone makes use of digital auditory and you need to be aware as to what your content is getting your audience to think and feel.
To sum it up… make use of the various learning modalities in how you present your content and you will reach a much larger percentage of your potential market. As well, you will have much more impact on their lives as they will be more likely to understand and put to practice what you have presented.
GET INSTANT ACCESS
to our Getting Things Organized!
The 7 Factors of Clarity, Productivity and Profitability
Get more done with less time and effort. Create business systems that run without you. Eliminate the overwhelm of too much stuff!!