18 Comments

1. Jeremiah M. Wean
    November 18, 2010 @ 2:56 pm

True passion & a desire to help another is something that just can’t be faked. So many times people try to because enthusiastic about what they are selling instead of finding what they are already enthusiastic about and going forward with that.
    Jeremiah M. Wean´s last blog post ..USDA Home With A Pool

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Jeremiah,

So true… by following our passion we then have true enthusiasm and desire to help others and contribute to their lives and well-being.

Thanks!
    ~ Pat and Lorna

2. Lesly Federici
    November 19, 2010 @ 7:56 am

Hi Pat and Lorna,
    I thought for a long time people couldn’t’ be interested in what I do. But that was self-imposed. When I began to realize that was not a great mindset to have, I did a lot of personal development and switched that thinking. It boiled down to lack of confidence and self-esteem. Now I know I have much to offer. People gravitate to different people, businesses, etc. Once you realize that it becomes easier. I also think we ALL, every person on the planet, has something to offer someone, and discovering it, sharing it is a real gift …
    Lesly Federici´s last blog post ..U Smile Radio Interviews Dave and Dawn Cook

3. Lynn Glaser
    November 20, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

Hello Pat and Lorna,

This is a topic that has stumped me since I started with online business a few years ago. Yes I was involved in an “Opportunity” and I just couldn’t understand why the product wasn’t being mentioned, it was a personal development product so why didn’t we mention it? I am now so much wiser haha!

I only promote something that I believe in and yes I am passionate about it! I feel so much more authentic and I can be the real me! I felt uncomfortable promoting an ‘opportunity’, I just don’t see how anyone could be successful promoting in that way…or even sleep at night.

Cheers,

Lynn
    Lynn Glaser´s last blog post ..Brainstorming

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Lynn,

It’s awesome that you want to share with others what it is you have to offer. Personal development products are of great interest to people and can help so much. As you said… “why didn’t we mention it?”. Thanks for your honesty and openness.

~ Pat and Lorna

4. Paul Reimers
    November 20, 2010 @ 10:16 pm

Great Post!
    Enthusiasm is key. I love words and the word Enthusiasm comes from the Greek Enthousiasmos, from the word enthousiazein: to be inspired. The original derivation came from en + theos which means God. There is such a power that comes with genuine enthusiasm, which makes it so much more sad that most people have little enthusiasm for how they spend the bulk of their days…the J.O.B. I believe that when someone is dry about their opportunity, it is because they are either not completely convinced of what they are offering, or possibly they are focused on their gain, rather than moving through a state of contribution.

I think one of the greatest challenges is to construct a life where most of what is done is done intentionally with enthusiasm and love from a place of contribution.
    Paul Reimers´s last blog post ..Afformations – A Powerful Tool to Reprogram the Mind

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Paul,

Enthusiasm is great! And so contagious. A feel good attitude is something that so needs to be shared. You are so right… we feel that the focus of business should be on a state of contribution… not just profit.

Thanks,
    ~ Pat and Lorna

5. Gary Young China Sourcing
    November 21, 2010 @ 1:04 am

Pat and Lorna, I don’t know why people want to keep their “opportunities” a secret. Everyone else needs to hear about them. I really like your post. Great job. Motivational
    Gary Young China Sourcing´s last blog post ..Links for 2010-11-19 delicious

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Gary,

So true. If it’s such a great opportunity, shouldn’t it be out in the open as to what it is?

Thanks,
    ~ Pat and Lorna

6. Roland Bonay
    November 22, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

I think once you’re passionate about something you shouldn’t care if people “see” the opportunity the way you “see’ it or not. They aren’t going to buy into it until they become passionate as well. So all you can really do is put your passion on display and wait for it to rub off on someone.
    Roland Bonay´s last blog post ..How to Easily Score 200 Points a Week in the TSA

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Roland,

Love it… passion does “rub off” on people, doesn’t it? Having “an opportunity” sure doesn’t. Passion is so much more exciting… a great way to entice others to join you.

Thanks!
    ~ Pat and Lorna

7. Dr. Erica Goodstone
    November 22, 2010 @ 9:24 pm

You are so right. What has drawn me to people, to products, to training programs, even to joining a tennis team, has been the passion and enthusiasm I have seen. I would run away from someone offering me some vague opportunity. But if someone shares a personal story about their own or someone else’s success, I might sit up and listen. Passion and enthusiasm come from within – they cannot be manufactured or faked. They have a charismatic effect only when they are authentic and believable.
    Erica
    Dr. Erica Goodstone´s last blog post ..Are you ready to live to 100

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Erica,

Nothing beats true passion and enthusiasm!

Thanks,
    ~ Pat and Lorna

8. Kim Tarr
    December 9, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

Hi Pat and Lorna,

Having passion for what you do is so powerful! If you don’t have passion for it, it shows whether it is belly to belly, on the phone, or even in your online marketing.

How can you say that you love the “products” if you have never used them? It just doesn’t make sense.

Awesome Post!

Kim
    Kim Tarr´s last blog post ..13 Reasons Why You Might Be Struggling To Build Your Business Online

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Kim,

We totally agree. People can see through others when there is no passion or enthusiasm for what it is they’re doing. It doesn’t make any business sense and it makes for a disconnected marketing message.

Thanks!
    ~ Pat and Lorna

9. SHARI WEISS
    December 11, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

You have hit the nail on the head. Your choice of product if you want to succeed as a network marketer — or ANY career choice.
    If you LOVE what you do, you will never “work” a day in your life.
    SHARI WEISS´s last blog post ..What Social Media “Myths” would you uncover or debate briefly stated

Pat & Lorna Reply:

Shari,

That is so true. By following our passions we are always having a good time 🙂

Thanks,
    ~ Pat and Lorna

10. Isabelle
    September 26, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

Surpirsginly well-written and informative for a free online article.